About

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mini Vanilla Minute Cake!

I love desserts.  Sweets are my weakness.  But because I live with just my husband, going out and purchasing a whole decadent cake, simply because I had a craving, wouldn't go over well.  So, I was in search for a quick and decent individual sized microwavable cake recipe!  




I had tried a couple of recipes from different websites, but there's one I like best.  It isn't the most flavourful cake (seeing as it's made in the microwave in less than 2 minutes), but the texture is soft and fluffy, just enough to meet any sweet tooth fix.



Because of the difference in microwaves and wattage, you might want to give yourself some time for trial and error.  My first cake turned out rock hard and rubbery (the one on the right) whereas the second one (on the left) turned out fluffy, soft and oh so perfect!  Sadly, you can't tell all this by looking at the picture... perhaps I should perfect my picture-taking and decorating skills - haha.

Vanilla Minute Cake

Ingredients
2 Small Ramekins
4 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Pudding Powder (I used vanilla)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg White
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Veg Oil
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions
Mix flour, sugar, pudding and baking powder.  Mix in egg white.  Mix in milk, oil and vanilla.  Divide batter equally into 2 small ramekins. Put in microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds (again, trial and error here).

This recipe is certainly a keeper!  And I'm sure adding in different flavours wouldn't hurt the recipe a bit. I will definitely try adding some lemon zest and juice the next time I make it.  Not to mention drizzling it with some hot chocolate sauce.  Mmmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'd love to try that! One question though- kinda funny- what is a ramekin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ramekin is one of those small microwaveable bowls! Try it out and let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete