About

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Short Hiatus & Lovely Linzer Cookies

Wow, time flies... and sadly, I don't have any valid excuse for not posting so I won't even try to make one up.  I've been home pretty much all this week and doing lots of fun baking!



A friend recently had a baby a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to make something sweet and yummy for her to enjoy.  Of course, cookies quickly came to mind, but I didn't want just any o'l cookie.  I wanted something... pretty.  So my search began for a lovely pretty cookie, fit for a new mommy - and boy did I find the perfect one.  The Linzer Cookie.


First off, it's C-U-T-E!!  Who wouldn't want to bite into something so adorable with a little jam peeking out of the center?  And Secondly, no body can resist a butter cookie. It's pure fact. Or maybe it's just my experience.  (I didn't make it the real linzer cookie way, with crushed up hazelnuts and almonds - I just made it a simple butter cookie). 



It was fun putting the cookie together, and I'll definitely make it again very soon.  The cookie batter itself was a little moist so keeping it in the fridge (and using lots of flour) before rolling made it easier to work with.  Either way, the cookies were yummy and looked great.


No comments:

Post a Comment